Loading...

HISTORY AND BACKGROUND

Established by Carlos Pardal who owned 80% of the company, with Eurovida owning the remaining 20%.
Sonagi SGPS – the main shareholder of the prominent Portuguese industrial group Semapa - purchased the 80% stake with Eurovida retaining its 20% holding.
Sonagi purchased Eurovida’s 20% stake and became the sole shareholder.
Refundos was acquired by a combination of the Rivercrown Group (80%) and its management (20%). The new shareholders intend to considerably increase assets under management.

OVERVIEW

Refundos is 80%-owned by the Rivercrown Group, and 20%-owned by Frederico Moreira.

Rivercrown is a pan-European real estate business services with two business lines: Principal Investment and Financial and Capital Markets Advisory.

Rivercrown originally entered the Portuguese market in 2016 through the acquisition of the local real estate finance business of Commerzbank AG. This included the management of its Portuguese loan book: €1.3 billion across 32 properties.

structure

REFUNDOS' BOARD AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT:

Highly qualified team covering a multitude of skill-sets, operating both locally and internationally.

The Board:

Frederico Arruda Moreira

CEO
farruda@refundos.pt

Jacob Lyons

Executive Chairman
jacob.lyons@rivercrown.com

Pedro Rebelo Pinto

Director
pedro.pinto@refundos.pt

Stephen Benson

Director
stephen.benson@rivercrown.com

Investment Management Team:

Renata Belo

Head of Asset Management
renata.belo@refundos.pt

Bruno Pança

Controller
bruno.panca@refundos.pt

Operational Management Team:

Marta Veiga e Moura

Legal and Compliance
marta.moura@refundos.pt

Graça Ramalho

Certified Accountant
graca.ramalho@refundos.pt

Telma Teixeira

Administrator
telma.teixeira@refundos.pt

The Board:

Frederico Arruda Moreira

CEO
farruda@refundos.pt

Jacob Lyons

Executive Chairman
jacob.lyons@rivercrown.com

Pedro Rebelo Pinto

Director
pedro.pinto@refundos.pt

Stephen Benson

Director
stephen.benson@rivercrown.com

Investment Management Team:

Renata Belo

Head of Asset Management
renata.belo@refundos.pt

Bruno Pança

Controller
bruno.panca@refundos.pt

Operational Management Team:

Marta Veiga e Moura

Legal and Compliance
marta.moura@refundos.pt

Graça Ramalho

Certified Accountant
graca.ramalho@refundos.pt

Telma Teixeira

Administrator
telma.teixeira@refundos.pt

SUSTAINABILITY POLICY:

STATEMENT ON NEGATIVE IMPACT ON SUSTAINABILITY

The Management Company will take into consideration the main negative impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors. For this purpose, the Management Company will take into account publicly available information enabling it to assess the impact on environmental sustainability, social sustainability and corporate governance of the companies issuing assets under investment according to the priority objectives identified in its internal Policy.

The Management Company shall implement its investment decisions accordingly and shall avoid, to the extent possible and without prejudice to the investment policy of the collective investment undertakings under management set out in the instruments of incorporation, investing in assets that seriously undermine the objectives referred to in the previous paragraph and are not compatible with the ESG objectives.

The Management Company does not adopt an Involvement Policy, within the terms and for the purposes of Article 92-A and following of the General Regime of Collective Investment Undertakings, insofar as the investment undertakings it manages do not invest in companies.

The Management Company is committed to comply with the recommendations for Responsible Business Conduct, with the necessary adaptations for real estate investment.

INTEGRATION OF SUSTAINABILITY RISKS INTO THE REMUNERATION POLICY

The Management Company integrates in its Remuneration Policy the existing risks in the area of sustainability and, for this reason, includes environmental and social issues, proportional to the type of activity performed, in the relevant performance objectives for the purpose of attribution of variable remuneration.

Additionally, the performance measurement used to calculate the variable remuneration component includes adjustments considering, among others, the various types of current and future ESG risks, and for this purpose Reduction ("Malus") and Reversal ("Claw-back") adjustments are integrated in the Remuneration Policy.